|image via Pretty n Poppington|
Ready? Let's do this!
- Toss it after: 2 years!
- Why: Lipsticks & gloss can start to look and feel cakey. Yuck!
- Toss it after: 3 months
- Why: The mascara will start to dry out & make your eyelashes clumpy. Want to make it last as long as possible? Don't pump the wand when applying - make sure to pull the wand out in a single motion.
- Toss it after:1 - 2 years
- Why: It won't keep you covered like it should. Make a note - powder foundation has a lifespan of 2 years however, the liquid foundations only last you for 12 months.
- Toss it after: 1 - 2 years
- Why: They'll start to harden. Keep your cream products for 1 year and your powders for 2.
- Toss it after: 1 year
- Why: Even our favorite colors will start to dry out and become too thick to apply evenly.
- Toss it after: 3 months - 3 years
- Why: Liquid liners can be growing grounds for microbial growth (um, gross!) so replace yours every 3 months. Pencils will last you longer but will still become stiff & crumbly over time. Don't forget to sharpen your pencils before each use!
Can't tel if you should toss your favorite beauty product? If you have your doubts, part ways with it if...
- It smells funny when you open it.
- It's changed color - yes, that yellow or brown color is not normal!
- Its consistency is off ... those layers are not normal!